Shockwave treatment is a remedy for ED (erectile dysfunction). Several studies show this treatment’s promising results in correcting ED. Men with vasculogenic ED seem to reap the advantages of shockwave treatment. If you want to find out more about this ED treatment, here are some FAQs and their answers.Another term for this treatment is LiSWT…
5 Important Erectile Dysfunction FactsSome men suffer from erectile dysfunction or ED in silence. Since society attaches a stigma to ED, often men are embarrassed to get help. Also, men are reluctant to learn about erectile dysfunction facts. Speaking to a doctor about issues with achieving and maintaining an erection should be done as soon as the problem first occurs.The longer a man waits to seek help, the higher the psychological damage ED may do.
What are erectile dysfunction facts?When a man becomes aroused, blood rushes to the penis and causes an erection. There are times when there is a problem with this process, resulting in insufficient blood flow to the penis. The result is a flaccid or semi-hard penis that often prevents sexual intercourse. It was assumed that only older men experienced ED, but it is now becoming evident that men of all ages can experience bouts of ED. Unfortunately, there are many misconceptions about erectile dysfunction facts vs myths. Advances in medication are making ED more inconvenient than permanent.
Five Erectile Dysfunction Facts:There are still many mysteries surrounding ED and why some men are more susceptible to it than others. Review these five facts about ED to increase awareness about some of the most common reasons behind this embarrassing and frustrating medical condition.
1. An underlying medical conditionDoctors have a list of standard questions at exam time. A standard is usually about any new issues that need addressing. Things that come on suddenly, such as ED, may do so not because they are the problem, but because they are symptoms of another one. Erectile dysfunction may point to something else occurring in the body, such as an issue with the prostate or urinary tract.
2. Not always a physiological problemED is not always about a physical issue. Psychological problems, like depression and anxiety, may cause men to develop complications with achieving an erection. The medication used to treat these mental afflictions may have the unintended side effect of causing ED, especially in young men.
3. Lifestyle may contributeSome outside lifestyle factors may lead to the onset of ED in men. According to Medical News Today, things like smoking, alcohol consumption, and drug use may make getting an erection difficult. The stress and strain of work and family may also lead ED, mainly found in younger men.
4. Age is a general factorErectile dysfunction is more prominent in men over 60. This is the time when testosterone production is declining. Since this hormone is responsible for triggering sexual arousal, it stands to reason that less of it makes arousal more challenging to achieve.
5. Performance anxietyFor some men, a failure to perform sexually is distressing. After being unable to attain an erection once, the difficulty is likely to recur because of fear. The worry of being unable to achieve an erection actually causes ED, perpetuating the cycle.
ConclusionWhile erectile dysfunction can cause increased stress in a relationship, it is something that can be treated. If there is a problem achieving a full erection, speak to your doctor about possible reasons and treatment options.Request an appointment here: https://www.simplymenshealth.com or call Simply Men’s Health at (561) 232-3704 for an appointment in our Boca Raton office.
Peyronie's disease is a condition in which scar tissue develops in the penis, causing it to bend when erect. Sometimes the condition results in painful, uncomfortable sex or erectile dysfunction. The most common cause of the disease is some form of injury to the penis. There are also medical conditions that put certain patients at…
COVID Causing A New Wave Of Erectile Dysfunction: How RejuvaWAVE® ED Shockwave Laser, And PRP Biologics Can Help
COVID-19 Pandemic invades our bedroom and leaves its mark on men's sex lives even as young as 20's and 30's. Although COVID can wreck havoc with your sex life, Simply Men's Health of Boca Raton RejuvaWAVE® Multi Wave Shockwave Laser protocol helps.Dr Ramasamy, director of male reproductive medicine and surgery for the University of Miami…
A Priapus Shot® can help with your ED (erectile dysfunction). Specifically, ED inhibits the ability to achieve and maintain a standard erection throughout the sexual act. Although any man can experience an episode of ED, ED becomes concerning if it is a regular occurrence. Fortunately, modern medicine brings many solutions to this condition. In particular, …