REJUVAnation Regenerative MedicineWest Palm Beach, FL
Amniotic and umbilical message signaling cell allograft therapy has been one of the most amazing advancements of the 21st century in medicine. Amniotic and umbilical allograft therapy has been used hundreds of thousands of times worldwide for regeneration and repair of body tissues including cartilage, tendon, ligament and Erectile Dysfunction. Amniotic and Umbilical allografts are all obtained from FDA certified labs. The FDA regulates the amniotic and umbilical products for safety which is our utmost priority. Regenerative medicine refers to therapies that are able to REPAIR, REGENERATE and RESTORE damaged tissues in the body. These therapies represent significant advancements from traditional treatments that only offer symptom relief as the proverbial “band-aid” as the underlying degenerative, aging process continues.
Why Amniotic and Umbilical derived Message Signaling Cells are a major breakthrough in Regenerative Medicine:
Safe – Clinically Effective – No Rejection – No Surgery
- Amniotic and umbilical fluid is immunologically privileged. This means a rejection reaction by one’s body is not seen. Patients who get concerned about receiving someone else’s fluid can be relieved at the lack of any rejection reaction
- The amniotic and umbilical fluid is 100% safe and processed at FDA certified and regulated labs. It goes through significant disease testing along with processing. Once the processing is complete, the amniotic and umbilical fluid is cryogenically frozen until ready for use.
- Amniotic and umbilical fluid contain a great concentration of live message signaling cells, which activate your own stem cells and dramatically help with repair and regeneration of damaged cartilage, tendon, ligament, bone, blood vessels and nerve tissues.
- There are a large amount of growth factors in the fluid, and it is also anti- microbial to help prevent infection. All in all, the fluid contains an incredible amount of elements that help patients avoid the need for surgery. This may include avoiding rotator cuff repair, hip or knee replacement, surgery for chronic tennis elbow and more.
- NO Ethical Issues: With the ethical issues from the past concerning embryonic stem cells and aborted fetuses, it is crucial to understand NONE of those are issues with amniotic or umbilical allografts. The fluid is harvested from consenting, pre-screened donors who are undergoing a scheduled C-section. Normally, the placenta is discarded after the birth. The donor is compensated and the fluid is taken away by certified technicians and handled in a sterile fashion.
Amniotic and Umbilical Qualities
- Immunologically Privileged – No Rejection Reaction
- Over 70 Growth Factors, Cytokines and Hyaluronic Acid
- LIVE Message Signaling Cells and Activators
- Anti microbial
- No need to harvest anything from patients
- No ethical concerns
- Very safe and excellent outcomes
Types of Regenerative Treatments offered at REJUVAnation Medical Center:
REJUVAnation Medical Center combines Amniotic or Umbilical Allografts which contain live message signaling cells, PRP Platelet Rich Plasma and our exclusive, revolutionary RejuvaWAVE® for ultimate regeneration.
- Enjoy a spontaneous sex life again. CURE ED and Peyronie’s Disease and reclaim your sexual vitality.
- Maintain peak sexual vitality throughout your life. No longer does a slowing of sexual performance have to be accepted as a normal part of aging.
- Walk, run, golf and swim again PAIN FREE!
- Avoid surgery and repair injured tissue and degenerative disease.
- Regrow your OWN hair without surgery – STOP hair loss in men and woman.
- Look younger and reduce wrinkles and maintain a youthful, healthy skin glow.
REJUVAnation Medical Center is dedicated to providing cutting-edge, minimally invasive methods to STOP and reverse the aging process and help your body heal itself. We see incredible results and can help you regain your vitality.
Amniotic and Umbilical Message Signaling Cell Therapy and Regenerative Medicine Frequently asked Questions
1. What is Regenerative Medicine?
Regenerative Medicine is treatment designed to repair and regenerate human disease and injury such as damaged musculoskeletal tissue such as tendon, ligament, cartilage, bone, and regenerate blood vessels and nerves to help reverse Erectile Dysfunction. Traditional medicine and non-operative pain management offers a “band aid” approach to mask the condition while the underlying disease and degenerative age-related condition such as arthritis, neuropathy and erectile dysfunction continues to progress. The concept of Regenerative Medicine is to shift the paradigm of treatment into a 100% healing state. Traditional treatments such as cortisone injections for joints and arthritis or Viagra for ED simply do not offer healing potential. Regenerative Medicine at REJUVAnation Medical Center does not just involve amniotic and umbilical allograft stem cell activating therapies, but in addition utilizes Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and the revolutionary RejuvaWAVE® to spur the body’s natural healing processes to ramp up.
2. What is a Stem Cell?
Stem cells are the human body’s master cells, with potential to grow into any one of the body’s more than 200 cell types. They are a veritable “blank slate”. They can replicate into more unspecialized stem cells, or they may react to the environment in which they are placed by receiving signals from that environment telling them which differentiation “pathway” to go down. Stem cells contribute to the body’s ability to renew and repair its tissues. Dr. Arnold Caplan, a researcher at Case Western Reserve University and the father of modern stem cell therapy, has shown that the regenerative materials and stem cells work predominantly by acting as signals to one’s body, telling the body “to get to work” and repair itself. These cells home in on sites of injury and disease and secrete bioactive factors that are immunomodulatory and trophic stimulating the body to regenerate and heal itself. Our body makes its own stem cells and amniotic or umibical allograft message signaling cells activate your body’s own stem cells and healing abilities.
3. What are the different kind of Stem Cell?
There are two basic types of stem cells:
1. The first is known as unlimited stem cells (also known as embryonic stem cells). Embryonic stem cells are pluripotent and can turn into any kind of cell. These cells are obtained from fetal tissue, embryos, In addition to the ethical issues of obtaining embryonic stem cells from fetuses, these cells can replicate outside the body and have the capacity to over-replicate and may cause tumor formation. Embryonic stem cells are NOT approved by the FDA and REJUVAnation Medical Center NEVER use embryonic stem cells. This is the treatment that Americans go to other countries, which do not have strict regulations, to receive and they can be very dangerous.
2. The second type is “limited” stem cells and are multipotent mesenchymal stem cells. These can not replicate outside the body and they need to be cryogenically frozen or immediately transplanted into the body. Multipotent stem cells can be derived from one owns body mainly from the bone marrow or fat and are referred to as “adult” stem cells, or they can be obtained from placental tissue (the part of the afterbirth that usually discarded, not the the fetus), amniotic fluids, and from umbilical cord. Multipotent stem cells know when to shut off and have not been shown to form tumors like embryonic stem cells. They can not grow outside the body.
4. Why use amniotic or umbilical derived message signaling cells rather than your own fat or bone marrow stem cells?
Not all stem cell therapy transplants are identical. Generally speaking, the older you are the fewer stem cells you have, and therefore unless you are in strapping health and in your 20’s, it is probably beneficial to use amniotic derived message signaling cells and growth factors.
- First obtaining stem cells from either adipose tissue via liposuction or from bone marrow is an invasive procedure and it can be painful and there can be complications such as infections and other side effects especially in older patients or those who have diabetes. Twenty-nine percent of patients end up with chronic pain after bone marrow aspiration.
- The older one gets the fewer the stem cells one produces, especially in bone marrow.
- Although adipose tissue does yield more stem cells than bone marrow, there viability once injected is very limited and most of the stem cells die within 48 hours.
- For most individuals, amniotic and umbilical derived message signaling cells provide the highest concentration of viable cells and offer the best results for healing and regeneration.
- Amniotic and umbilical derived tissue is derived from the materials supporting growth and health of the fetus and contains a high number of Live Message Signaling Cells, concentrations of Growth Factors, high numbers of Cytokines and other regenerative materials. This translates into patient benefit during the regenerative process such as preventing infection and tissue growth of all types.
5. What type of conditions benefit from Amniotic and Umbilical fluid Therapy?
Multiple regenerative medicine treatments are being used in many medical specialties. At REJUVAnation Medical Center the following are the conditions being treated with amniotic and umbilical allograft therapies and regenerative medicine:
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Peyronie’s Disease
- Sport’s Injuries
- Degenerative Arthritis of all types
- Soft tissue conditions such as tendonitis, bursitis, ligament injuries
- Knee, Elbow and Shoulder Pain
- Tennis/Golfer’s Elbow
- Hair loss: Male pattern hair loss and Hair loss in women
- Facial Rejuvenation – wrinkles
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Chronic Degenerative Diseases
- Organ Failure – Heart, Kidney
- Lyme Disease
6. Are the procedures safe?
Yes. More than 100,000 injections have been performed without a single reported adverse side effect. Amniotic or umbilical alograft therapy is a preferred type of regenerative therapy because the cells come from an immune-privileged site, which means that patient-rejection is extremely rare. With amniotic and umbilical derived allograft therapy, there is no threat of patient rejection. When using umbilical cord tissue, all red blood cells are removed which removes the HLA factors and prevents any Graft versus Host rejection reaction.
The use of amniotic and umbilical derived alografts is well researched, safe, and effective. Amniotic alografts have been used by ophthalmologists and plastic surgeons for about 20 years. All donors go through a rigorous screening process, as determined by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB).
7. How are the amniotic and umbilical allografts acquired?
The amniotic and umbilical cord tissues are obtained from healthy, consenting donors who are under the age of 35 and are undergoing a scheduled c-section. The FDA strictly regulates the process of how these tissues are acquired, tested, processed and stored at an FDA registered, certified laboratory to ensure the highest level of patient safety. There are no ethical issues. None of this biologic material ever comes form aborted fetuses, only form the “discarded” products of conception including the amniotic fluid, placenta and umbilical cord from healthy babies born via planned c-section. There is no embryonic or fetal tissue.
8. Benefits of amniotic or umbilical allograft therapy for orthopedic and joint pain?
Amniotic and Umbilical allograft treatment takes advantage of the body’s ability to repair itself. With amniotic and umbicial therapy, these message signaling cells have anti-inflammatory properties, similar to cortisone and steroid shots. However, amniotic and umbilical allograft therapy goes far beyond the benefits of standard “injection therapy.” While cortisone and other drugs only provide temporary pain relief, stem cells actually restore degenerated tissue while providing pain relief. The growth factors in amniotic and umbilical fluid may replace damaged cells in your body. Additionally, these injections contain hyaluronic acid, which lubricates joints and tendons, easing the pain and helping restore mobility. Amniotic and umbilical fluid contain no steroids. Instead, the injections rely on naturally occurring anti-inflammatory agents, such as cytokines. One of the biggest concerns about steroid injections is the potential harm they may produce on the body’s joints or blood sugars. Thankfully, amniotic and umbilical therapy has none of these issues.
9. What is the the difference between PRP and Amniotic and Umbilical Allograft Therapy?
PRP is platelet rich plasma derived from your own blood and contains about 8-12 growth factors. Amniotic or Umbilical fluid contains over 80 – 100’s of growth factors along with live message signaling cells, cytokines and other regenerative elements. PRP is helpful in regenerative medicine and complements and enhances other regenerative therapies such as RejuvaWAVE®, but it is not a stem cell therapy.
10. Does insurance cover Regenerative Medicine procedures?
Insurance does not currently cover regenerative medicine procedures for the most part, and the procedures are considered a fee for service.
11. Will amniotic or umbilical fluid procedures heal or cure my condition?
Since everyone responds differently to any medical treatment there are no guarantees. Although we have had many patients “cured” of ED or Peyronie’s healed or knee-replacement surgeries canceled, no procedure is 100% effective. Most patients will see improvements and relief, but not necessarily 100% cure. The biological elements in these materials and the regenerative procedures work together to repair damaged tissues and also facilitate one’s own body to assist in the healing as well. Just how much improvement achieved will vary since each patient is an unique individual and heals at his or her own pace. Amniotic and Umbilical Allograft therapies are the future wave in medicine – to repair and regenerate rather than “band-aid” approach, but any therapies which activate stem cells and regeneration are in it’s “infancy” and NO promises of cures can be made. Each individual responds uniquely.
12. What will happen after the procedure?
The procedures are all outpatient and patients are able to go home afterwards, typically within one to two hours. After the procedure the patient should take it easy for the first twenty-four hours. At that point, activity as tolerated may be performed.
Amniotic and Umbilical Allograft Therapy for Knee Arthritis, Ligament Injuries and Tendonitis
Knee arthritis is characterized by inflammation of the knee, leading to pain, swelling and stiffness. According to the National Health Interview Survey in 2012, more than 51 million people in the US are reported to have some form of arthritis. Knee arthritis is a common form of arthritis and is known to be associated with lost work time in patients.
The knee, the strongest joint of the body, holds the thigh bone (femur), shinbone (tibia) and the kneecap (patella). The inner surfaces of the bone at the joint are covered with smooth cartilage, which acts as a cushion to help movement. Moreover, the knee joint has a protective lining, known as the synovial membrane, which secretes a lubricating fluid to reduce friction between surfaces. This membrane releases a fluid that lubricates the cartilage and reduces friction.Commonly, three different types of arthritis affect the knee-osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and post traumatic arthritis. Osteoarthritis is caused by regular wear and tear with age, and leads to the gradual loss of cartilage in the knee joint. Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic autoimmune condition that is characterized by inflamed synovial membrane, and results in joint deterioration. Finally, post traumatic arthritis develops from injury to the knee. Bone, meniscal and ligament injuries can put additional stress on the knee, which gradually result in arthritis.
Symptoms of knee arthritis include buckling in the knee, flare-ups following vigorous activity and locked knee during movement.
Knee arthritis is diagnosed by physical examination, imaging tests (e.g. X-ray, computerized tomography and magnetic resonance imaging) to detect anatomical abnormalities of the joint, and blood tests to detect autoimmune disorders.
Amniotic and Umbilical Allograft Therapy for Knees:
Stem cells are primitive cells present in the body that can undergo differentiation to form different types of cells, such as bone, tendon, cartilage, ligament, etc. Stem cells hold the potential to repair and regenerate new healthy cells at sites of tissue damage. Research has shown that the transplantation of stem cells in osteoarthritic patients increased cartilage thickness and facilitated tissue repair over a period of one year. At REJUVAnation Medical Center, we use amniotic and umbilical derived alografts from FDA certified and regulated laboratories. The amniotic and umbilical tissues are obtained from consenting donors, following FDA guidelines, after scheduled c-sections. No embryonic stem cells or fetal tissue are used, which negates any ethical issues. These allografts deliver message signaling cells in high concentrations at the site of the damaged joint. In addition, we use our exclusive RejuvaWAVE® therapy and platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy, either alone or in conjunction with amniotic or umbilical allograft therapy to promote natural healing. PRP is a combination of growth factors and platelets derived from the patient, which nourishes your own stem cells to grow into new healthy cells, such as cartilage, tendons, ligaments.
Unlike surgical interventions that are associated with a long recovery, amniotic/umbilical allograft therapy can be performed as an outpatient procedure. Moreover, these cells enable natural healing of the degenerated joint. Patients taking steroid injections to reduce painful arthritis swelling, may benefit from amniotic or umbilical fluid therapy.
Not only do these cells regenerate the damaged area, they secrete anti-inflammatory factors, such as cytokines, that help alleviate symptoms. It is possible to avoid the detrimental side effects of steroids using amniotic or umbilical allograft therapy. No evidence of serious adverse effects have been reported so far with the use of these allograft therapies.
- Pak J, Lee JH, Lee SH. Regenerative repair of damaged meniscus with autologous adipose tissue-derived stem cells. Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:436029. doi: 10.1155/2014/436029. Epub 2014 Jan 30.
- Anz AW, Hackel JG, Nilssen EC, Andrews JR. Application of biologics in the treatment of the rotator cuff, meniscus, cartilage, and osteoarthritis. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2014 Feb;22(2):68-79. doi: 10.5435/JAAOS-22-02-68.
- Koh YG, Jo SB, Kwon OR, Suh DS, Lee SW, Park SH, Choi YJ. Mesenchymal Stem Cell Injections Improve Symptoms of Knee Osteoarthritis. Arthroscopy. 2013 Jan 29. pii: S0749-8063(12)01884-1. doi: 10.1016/j.arthro.2012.11.017. [Epub ahead of print]
- Emadedin M, Aghdami N, Taghiyar L, Fazeli R, Moghadasali R, Jahangir S, Farjad R, Baghaban Eslaminejad M. Intra-articular injection of autologous mesenchymal stem cells in six patients with knee osteoarthritis. Arch Iran Med. 2012 Jul;15(7):422-8.
IV Amniotic and Umbilical Allograft Therapy for all types of Arthritis, Tendonitis, Neuropathy, Autoimmune Conditions, COPD, Heart, Chronic Diseases, Degenerative Diseases and Organ Failure.
The FUTURE is NOW with Regenerative medicine at REJUVAnation Medical Center with cutting-edge, revolutionary amniotic and umbilical allograft therapies. Traditional treatments have really just been a “band-aid,” leading to short term results but not actually repairing or reversing the course of the underlying disease. For many chronic diseases traditional medicine does not have much to offer. This is no longer the case! Now amniotic and umbilical message signaling cell therapy derivatives may offer hope for those suffering from conditions such as arthritis, chronic system conditions, degenerative diseases, autoimmune disease, COPD, heart disease, neuropathy, and organ failure. These ground-breaking therapies may actually help repair and regenerate damaged tissue. But these therapies are only in their infancy. There has been anecdotal evidence of patients receiving autologous stem cell therapies or allograft therapies experiencing improvements in completely unrelated chronic conditions from what they were receiving treatments for. Regenerative medicine with amniotic/umbilical fluid therapies are NOT FDA approved, but the amniotic/umbilical cord products are produced under strict guidelines in FDA approved laboratory facilities and are cryogenically preserved. These therapies have been shown to be safe.
What are the benefits of cryogenically frozen Amniotic and Umbilical fluid injections/Infusions?
Amniotic and Umbilical fluid therapy is less invasive and risky than surgery, has little to no recovery period, and is relatively pain free. Many orthopedic conditions and chronic diseases show improvement from this type of treatment due to the fact that the amniotic fluid contains various types of growth factors and anti-inflammatory agents as well as live message signaling cells.
There are several beneficial properties that can be derived from these treatments. These include live message signaling cells that activate stem cells, growth factors (capable of stimulating growth), cytokines (chemical messengers), hyaluronic acid (needed moisturizing agent), and antimicrobial properties (can kill microorganisms or inhibit their growth).
Is this type of therapy risky?
There is little to no risk associated with amniotic or umbilical fluid injection therapy. Possibilities do include allergic reaction, infection, bleeding and the usual and customary risks.
Who may be a good candidate for Amniotic or Umbilical Allograft therapy?
Those who are suffering from chronic diseases and degenerative diseases such as arthritis, neuropathy, autoimmune conditions, Lyme disease, COPD/Kidney/Heart failure, neuropathy and more. These therapies are NOT a cure and are only in their infancy, but they may possibly help to ameliorate the condition and may help stimulate repair and regeneration.
What results might one expect from Amniotic or Umbilical Allograft therapy?
Patients may experience amelioration of a chronic condition, decrease in pain associated with musculoskeletal conditions, or possibly even reversal of the underlying condition, greater mobility, improved physical performance, and better quality of life are often the results garnered from this type of treatment. Potentially patients may experience easier breathing, ability to sleep better, better balance.
Amniotic and Umbilical Allograft Therapy for Elbow Tendonitis including Tennis and Golfer’s Elbow and Arthritis
Elbow Tendonitis: Tennis and Golfer’s Elbow:
Elbow tendonitis is caused by damage to the elbow tendons, and is classified as tennis elbow or golfer’s elbow, depending on the site of tenderness. Tendons are tissues that connect muscle to bone. People who perform repetitive gripping activities are susceptible to this condition. Repetitive motions, such as striking a tennis ball with a racket, typing, or carpentry, can cause excess stress on tendons, leading to micro tears. Tennis elbow is caused by pain and swelling in the tendons responsible for holding the muscles of the lower arm (lateral side) to the bone. Tennis elbow is associated with tenderness at the bony knob on the outside elbow. The pain may radiate to the upper and lower arms. The pain sensation is mostly felt while performing tasks, such as lifting objects, opening a door, shaking hands, etc. Tennis elbow is alternatively known as lateral epicondylitis.
Another condition, golfer’s elbow, is caused by painful swelling of the tendons located on the inside of the elbow (the medial side). Golfer’s elbow is alternatively known as medial epicondylitis.
Diagnosis of elbow tendonitis is through physical examination to determine the exact location of the tenderness. Imaging tests, such as X-ray and Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), is performed to negate the possibility of other underlying problems.
Elbow tendonitis seems to heal by itself with rest, cold application to the tender area, or by using an elbow strap. In fact, rest of the wrist joint is thought be the best treatment for tennis and golfer’s elbow. When the wrist joint is rested, the forearm muscles along with the elbow tendons can rest and recuperate.
Elbow arthritis occurs due to worn out cartilage, resulting from injury or regular wear and tear. The elbow joint consists of matched joint surfaces with strong supporting ligaments. Compared with the hip and knee, elbow is not responsible for as much weight-bearing. Therefore, the elbow is a rather stable joint. Previous injuries, such as fracture or elbow dislocation, are risk factors for developing elbow arthritis. Reconstruction surgeries to the elbow can also be a causative factor for elbow arthritis, especially when the repaired joint cannot be returned to the pre-injury condition. Athletes or individuals, who rely heavily on elbow functions, such as professional baseball pitchers, are also susceptible to ligament and cartilage damage at the elbow due to overuse. Hence, the risk for developing elbow arthritis is greater in these cases.
Typical symptoms of elbow arthritis include pain and swelling in the joint, grating or locking sensations in the elbow and reduced range of motion. Advanced cases of elbow arthritis place pressure on the ulnar nerve, which runs along the inner side of the elbow, leading to tingling sensation.
Amniotic and Umbilical Fluid Injection Therapy and RejuvaWAVE®
Patients who do not respond to conservative treatment, may try Amniotic or Umbilical therapy along with platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections and RejuvaWAVE® to stimulate repair of the damaged tendon. REJUVAnation Medical Center’s regenerative therapy protocol has the potential to provide lasting pain relief of musculoskeletal conditions, such as elbow tendonitis, through tissue healing.
Amniotic or umbilical message signaling cells are primitive cells that can stimulate your own stem cells undergo differentiation to form different types of cells in the body, such as bone, blood, cartilage, etc. These cells are responsible for healing tissue damages by generating new healthy cells. Amniotic and umbilical allograft therapy delivers a high concentration of messaging signaling cells to the affected area to promote natural healing.
- Moon YL, Jo S-H, Song CH, Park G, Lee HJ, Jang SJ. Autologous bone marrow plasma injection after arthroscopic debridement for elbow tendinosis. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2008;37(7):559.
Amniotic and Umbilical Fluid Therapy for Shoulder Arthritis, Shoulder Tendonitis and Tears
Like elbow arthritis, shoulder arthritis is common in people with previous shoulder injuries. Moreover, this condition may have a genetic predisposition. Typical symptoms of shoulder arthritis include pain, stiffness, swelling, reduced range of motion and grinding sensation in the joint.Shoulder and elbow arthritis are diagnosed by imagines tests, such as X-ray, computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), showing abnormalities in joint structures.
Amniotic and Umbilical Fluid Therapy for Shoulder Arthritis
People who may be suffering from recalcitrant shoulder arthritis may benefit from amniotic and umbilical message signaling cell therapy which activate your body’s stem cells. Stem cells are primitive cells that can undergo differentiation to form different types of cells in the body, such as bone, blood, cartilage, tendon, ligaments, etc. These cells are responsible for healing tissue damages by generating new healthy cells. However, with age, the body loses its ability to attract enough stem cells to the site of injury. In this regard, amniotic and umbilical therapy delivers a high concentration of message signaling cells to the affected area activating stem cells and promoting natural healing. Amniotic and umbilical allografts have shown promising results in various animal models as well as clinical studies to help regenerate damaged cartilage. In addition the amniotic fluid has anti-inflammatory factors, such as cytokines, that modulate pain and inflammation at the site of injection. Furthermore, these allografts can also promote tissue regeneration at the site of damage in osteoarthritis models.
Unlike steroid injections, amniotic and umbilical injection therapy does not present side effects, and is generally well tolerated in patients. Amniotic derived cells and umbilical cells, both of which are not recognized by the patient’s immune system, and therefore there is no chance of immune rejection and are very safe to administer.
Traditional surgical interventions are associated with side effects, such as anesthesia complications, a long recovery process and the chance of requiring additional surgeries. Amniotic and umbilical cell therapy, on the other hand, promotes the body’s natural healing process to result in faster and stronger recovery.
- Black LL, Gaynor J, Adams C, et al. Effect of intraarticular injection of autologous adipose-derived mesenchymal stem and regenerative cells on clinical signs of chronic osteoarthritis of the elbow joint in dogs. Vet Ther. 2008;9(3):192-200.
- Steinert AF, Rackwitz L, Gilbert F, N?th U, Tuan RS. Concise review: the clinical application of mesenchymal stem cells for musculoskeletal regeneration: current status and perspectives. Stem Cells Transl Med. 2012;1(3):237-247.
- Qi Y, Feng G, Yan W. Mesenchymal stem cell-based treatment for cartilage defects in osteoarthritis.Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39(5):5683-5689.
Shoulder Rotator Cuff Tendonitis – Impingement Syndrome
Rotator cuff tendonitis, also known as impingement syndrome, is an inflammation of the tendons and muscles of the shoulder joint. Athletes, who need to frequently extend the arms above their heads during sports activities, are prone to develop rotator cuff tendonitis; and hence, this condition may be alternatively called swimmer’s shoulder, pitcher’s shoulder, or tennis shoulder. Rotator cuff tendonitis can also develop from keeping the shoulder fixed in a certain position, such as sleeping on the same shoulder every night. Symptoms of rotator cuff tendonitis include pain, swelling and stiffness around shoulder joint, pain experienced during arm movements and “clicking sound” with arm-raising motion.
Rotator cuff tendonitis is diagnosed by physical examination of the shoulder and imaging tests (e.g. X-ray, ultrasound, magnetic resonance imaging).
Amniotic and Umbilical Fluid InjectionTherapy for Shoulder Rotator Cuff Injuries
According to the National Center for Health Statistics, in 2003, rotator cuff injuries were responsible for over 4 million outpatient appointments. It is reported that about 13% of individuals between the ages of 50 and 59 experience rotator cuff injuries. More than 50,000 US patients every year require surgery for rotator cuff injuries. However, surgeries tend to fail in 40% of cases, resulting in weakened shoulder structures, reduced mobility and osteoarthritic changes. In this context, amniotic and umbilical allografts hold the key to healing musculoskeletal conditions through natural repair and regeneration processes. Stem cells are primitive cells that can undergo differentiation to form different types of cells in the body, such as bone, blood, cartilage, etc. These cells are responsible for healing tissue damages by generating new healthy cells. However, with age, the body loses its ability to attract enough stem cells to the site of injury. In this regard, amniotic and umbilical fluid injection therapy delivers a high concentration of message signaling cells that attract stem cells to the affected area to promote natural healing.
A study by Mazzocca et al. revealed the regenerative potential of stem cells in repairing the affected tendon and muscle by regenerating into bone-tendon surfaces. Other studies have also confirmed the regenerative capacity of stem cells.
Amniotic and umbilical allograft injection therapy provides a natural way of repairing musculoskeletal damages. It may be possible to avoid the side effects of steroid injections and surgery by harnessing the power of the patient’s stem cells for recovery. These treatments are well-tolerated in patients, and can lead to stronger and faster recovery.
- A. Miniaci and M. MacLeod, “Transfer of the latissimus dorsi muscle after failed repair of a massive tear of the rotator cuff. A two to five-year review,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery—Series A, vol. 81, no. 8, pp. 1120–1127, 1999.
- A. D. Mazzocca, M. B. R. McCarthy, D. M. Chowaniec, M. P. Cote, R. A. Arciero, and H. Drissi, “Rapid isolation of human stem cells (connective tissue progenitor cells) from the proximal humerus during arthroscopic rotator cuff surgery,” American Journal of Sports Medicine, vol. 38, no. 7, pp. 1438–1447, 2010.
Amniotic and Umbilical Fluid Injection Therapy for Rotator Cuff Tears
The shoulder joint is a ball-and-socket joint, consisting of three bones: the upper arm bone (humerus), the shoulder blade (scapula), and the collarbone (clavicle). The rotator cuff is a group of 4 muscles and tendons that are responsible for holding the humerus to the scapula.Rotator cuff tears occur when one or more tendons in the area are torn due to injury or degeneration. Tears may be of 2 types: a partial tear, or a complete tear. Causative factors for this condition include repetitive stress to the shoulder, bone spurs and diminished blood supply to the rotator cuff with age. Typical symptoms of rotator cuff tears include pain during rest and arm-lifting movements as well as “crackling sound” with shoulder movements.
It is estimated that around 2 million people in the US had to seek medical help due to rotator cuff problem in the year 2008.
Tears are diagnosed by a physical examination, followed by imaging tests (e.g. X-rays, Magnetic resonance imaging) to detect structural abnormalities in the shoulder joint.
Amniotic and Umbilical Fluid InjectionTherapy for Shoulders Rotator Cuff Tears
It is estimated that around 40,000 rotator cuff tear surgeries are conducted every year; out of which 60% result in reduced strength or re-tearing. In this context, stem cell therapy holds the promise of mediating natural healing of tendons, leading to stronger recovery than possible with conventional strategies. Amniotic or umbilical fluid injection therapy is administered along with PRP therapy and RejuvaWAVE® to help repair musculoskeletal damage. Stem cells are primitive cells that can undergo differentiation to form different types of cells in the body, such as bone, blood, cartilage, etc. These cells are responsible for healing tissue damages by generating new healthy cells. However, with age, the body loses its ability to attract enough stem cells to the site of injury. In this regard, amniotic and umbilical injection therapy delivers a high concentration of message signaling cells to the affected area to promote natural healing.
Amniotic or Umbilical injection therapy for rotator cuff tears has several advantages, as compared with conventional surgery:
- Natural healing from tissue repair and regeneration
- Quick outpatient procedure
- No down time
- No bracing required
- Well-tolerated in patients
- Castricini R, Longo UG, De Benedetto M, et al: Platelet-rich plasma augmentation for arthroscopic rotator cuff repair: A randomized controlled trial. Am J Sports Med 2011;39(2):258-265.
- Dines JS, Grande DA, Dines DM: Tissue engineering and rotator cuff tendon healing. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 2007;16(5 Suppl):S204-207.
RejuvaWAVE®, Priapus Shot (PRP) and Amniotic or Umbilical Allograft Therapy: State of the Art Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction
The Future of ED Treatment is NOW – Why Medicate When You Can CURE: No Pills. No Needles. No Surgery.
Simply Men’s Health, the leaders in men’s sexual health, at REJUVAnation Medical Center introduced the revolutionary ED Regenerative Cure combining their exclusive RejuvaWAVE®, PRP and Amniotic and Umbilical Allograft Protocol
ED affects millions of Americans, often leading to relationship difficulties and self esteem issues. Over 60% of men will experience ED by the time they reach their 60’s and by 80 years old over 80% of men will suffer from erectile dysfunction.When a man is in his 20’s the wind blowing will elicit a response and he can perform multiple times in a night. As one ages, man has been led to believe that a fall off in sexual performance is just a normal part of aging. But what he doesn’t realize is that a slowing down in his late 30’s and 40’s, although far from having ED, is the harbinger of what is to come in one’s 50’s and 60’s: Erectile Dysfunction. Traditional treatment options, the famous blue pill, are not effective long term treatments and eventually stop working. Even if you can tolerate the side effects of stuffy nose, headache, vision changes…, the pills are just “band aid” treatments and have NOT been able to reverse the progression or fix chronic ED. RejuvaWAVE®, PRP and amniotic or umbilical fluid therapy can reverse and even cure ED and restore a man’s spontaneous active sex life.
No longer does a slowing of sexual performance and ultimately the dreaded ED have to be a normal part of aging. ED NO longer has to be accepted as a normal part of aging. A man can now perform at his sexual peak throughout his life with preventive regenerative medicine; and for those who already have ED there is now hope. Amniotic or umbilical message signaling cell therapy for ED along with has the potential to regenerate essential blood flow, which allows patients to achieve normal erections with increased confidence and bedroom performance.
Click Here: for more information about Simply Men’s Health REJUVAnation Therapies: RejuvaWAVE® – Priapus PRP – Amniotic and Umbilical Mesaging Signaling Cell Therapy
Erectile dysfunction is common in older men. This condition can also affect those in their middle ages and even younger men. The inability to get and sustain an erection can halt a man’s sexual performance and hinder relationships. Luckily, doctors and medical clinics provide relief from this physically and emotional challenge.Sexual health is an important…
TRT treatment is a relatively popular method of therapy that men can opt for as they age or if they have low levels of testosterone. However, there are some people who aren’t aware of what TRT treatment is and how it benefits men.While it remains a controversial topic, TRT treatment, also known as testosterone replacement…
Erectile dysfunction can be an incredibly embarrassing and difficult condition to live with. Even if it only happens on occasion, being unable to perform in the most intimate moments can be crushing to a person's self-esteem and also harmful to relationships. Thus, many men do not seek help when they should. Instead, they stress about…
Wondering if testosterone therapy is the right choice for you? Testosterone is a hormone that supports your ability to feel well and strong. It supports your good bone density, allows you to build up your muscles and maintains your red blood cells. It is essential to your reproductive abilities and contributes greatly to your ability…
We are committed to providing quality service to residents located in the counties of West Palm Beach, St. Lucie, Broward, Palm Beach and Miami Dade. Our website has additional information about the following topics: Erectile Dysfunction, ED Treatment, Male Rejuvenation, Regenerative Medicine, Stem Cell Therapy, PRP Treatment, Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy and Male Sexual Enhancement.